21. (1) Every public body shall establish and maintain procedures for the making of protected
disclosures by workers who are or were employed by the public body and for dealing
with such disclosures.
(2) The public body shall provide to workers employed by the body written information
relating to the procedures established and maintained under subsection (1).
(3) The Minister may issue guidance for the purpose of assisting public bodies in the
performance of their functions under subsection (1) and may from time to time revise
or re-issue it.
(4) Public bodies shall have regard to any guidance issued under subsection (3) in the
performance of their functions under subsection (1).
24. (1) A disclosure by a public officer shall be made to-
(a) an investigating authority;
(b) the principal officer of a government agency or investigating authority or other public officer of a government agency;
(c) another officer of the government agency or investigating authority to which the public officer belongs; or
(d) an officer of the government agency or investigating authority to which the disclosure relates; in accordance with any procedure established by the authority concerned for the reporting of allegations of corrupt conduct, maladministration or serious and substantial waste of public money by that authority or any of its officers.
(2) A disclosure is protected by this Act even if it is made about conduct or activities engaged in, or about matters arising, before the commencement of this Act.
(3) A disclosure made while a person was a public officer is protected by this Act even if the person who made it is no longer a public officer.
(4) A disclosure made about the conduct of a person while the person was a public officer is protected by this Act even if the person is no longer a public officer.
35. (1) A disclosure made by a public officer that principally involves questioning the merits of government policy is not, despite any other provision of this Part, protected by this Act.
(2) In this section, “government policy” includes the policy of a local authority.
Referenced Legislation: Protected Disclosures Act (2014)