is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to improving freedom of expression around the globe.
Blueprint for Free Speech is non-profit charity that works internationally to promote the right to freedom of expression without undue interference or intrusion. We specialize in the right to publish, whistleblower protection, government transparency, data privacy and Internet freedom. Our advocacy campaigns and research projects strive to defend Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which asserts the right to freedom of opinion and expression for all people.
Our initiatives seek to:
- Build a society free from barriers to free speech
- Enrich public and political debates in the field of freedoms law
- Expose and deter crime and corruption through public-interest whistleblowing
- Support and provide research to civil society, policy-makers and journalists
- Enhance citizen participation and awareness of their rights
- Anticipate future opportunities and challenges
Blueprint’s research library and other materials are free to everyone.
They may be reproduced with attribution.
Blueprint sponsors Ricochet, a new free software program that lets journalists and sources communicate more safely.